FRIDAY FIVE: WEEK 1 TOP DUNKS
FRIDAY FIVE: BEST DUNKS OF WEEK 1
It is somewhat crazy to imagine that the Clippers have played 96 minutes so far this season and three of the five best dunks so far came from a 32-second stretch. That’s what happened Thursday when Blake Griffin invigorated a sold out Staples Center crowd with back-to-back-to-back alley-oops from Chris Paul. Griffin and high-flying teammate combined for nine dunks in their opening game, a 13-point loss to the Lakers, but none of them topped what happened two nights later. Here are the five best dunks from the week so far, realizing that they came from one amazing performance against the Warriors:
5. 2:41 (first quarter): Paul flies by Jermaine.
4. 5:03 (third quarter): Griffin stealing the show.
3. 4:31 (third quarter): One hand, three times.
2. 4:46 (third quarter): Over the shoulder, from half court.
1. 5:49 (first quarter): Jordan goes above the rim and then some.