The NBA’s Read to Achieve Program is the most extensive educational outreach initiative in the history of professional sports. Read to Achieve encourages youth to develop a life-long love for reading and promotes the value of reading and literacy.Since the Grizzlies moved to Memphis from Vancouver in 2001, players, coaches and staff members have been actively involved in Read to Achieve by reading to students and speaking at school assemblies to promote the importance of reading. Each year, the Read to Achieve program presented by International Paper touches the lives of nearly 21,000 Mid-South students through the Grizzlies Reading Challenge, Read to Achieve Assemblies, Grizzlies All-Star Reading Team and Grizzlies Reading and Learning Centers.
In addition to Read to Achieve, the Grizzlies host the Stay in School Challenge presented by Lucite International and the Educator of the Month presented by Ashley Furniture HomeStore.
Learn more about our programs:
- Read to Achieve Tip-Off presented by International Paper
- Grizzlies Reading Challenge presented by International Paper
- Read to Achieve Assembly Program
- Reading and Learning Centers
- Stay in School Challenge presented by Lucite International
- Educator of the Month presented by Ashley Furniture HomeStore