Meet the 2014-15 Grizz Girls
Throughout the season, the Grizz Girls entertain arena audiences with high energy routines and add a special touch to the Grizzlies Community with their infectious personalities. Off the court, these dancing divas hold down full-time jobs as Teachers, Dietitians, Architects and full-time students pursuing degrees in everything from Marketing to Microbiology.
Who was born in England? Who is a published author? Find these answers and more by clicking on a photo below to find out more about your favorite Grizz Girls!
Book the Grizz Girls
2015-2016 Grizz Girls "Girl Play" Dance Classes and Pre-Audition Clinics
Whether you want to be a Grizz Girl or just dance like one, Grizzlies Choreographer Tamara Moore will have you dancing to the latest hits in her Dance Classes and Pre-Audition Clinics. For both classes and clinics, please wear only non-marking footwear, while taking class. Jazz Sneakers are fine, any other sneaker, cannot have a black sole.
Girl Play Dance Class
For only $10 per class, you can join us for a great workout or the chance to prep for upcoming Grizz Girls auditions. Either way, you'll find your inner pop princess with a mix of moves that fuses jazz, hip hop, and jazz funk. No performance experience or formal training necessary.
Location: SubRoy Studios – 2235 Whitten Road, Memphis
Cost: $10 per class / $7 for College Students with ID.
Pre-Audition Prep Classes
Learn the routine that will be used at the audition from Grizz Girls choreographer Tamara Moore at the New Ballet Ensemble Dance Studio (2157 York Ave).The cost per clinic: $25 per clinic, $40 for both. Download and print the registration form.
- Clinic #1 - Wednesday, July 1st 6pm - 9pm
- Clinic #2 - Wednesday, July 8th 6pm - 9pm
Location: New Ballet Ensemble Dance Studio (2157 York Ave)
Cost: $25 per clinic; $40 for both sessions
Prospective dancers must be a high school graduate and at least 18 years of age to participate in the Grizz Girls audition. For more information on auditions check out answers to Frequently Asked Questions then call (901) 205-1411 or e-mail email@example.com.
Click on a question to show the answer
What are the requirements to attend auditions and become a Grizz Girl?
- You must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the audition. There is no maximum age limit.
- You must be a High School graduate or higher.
- You must be a full time student, or have a part time job.
- You need a schedule flexible enough to accommodate 2-3 rehearsals per week in addition to game nights.
What do I need to bring to auditions?
- 5x7 Non-returnable headshot – Your photo should be a current representation of yourself, and should be of only you.
- Dance resumé - outline your performance experience along with anything else you would like the judges to know about you.
What should I wear to the audition? How should I wear my hair?
- Nude fishnets, tights or panty hose
- Briefs or hot pants (no long pants allowed)
- Crop top (mid-section must show)
- Jazz shoe, dance sneakers or non-marking tennis shoes only
- Attire should be flattering. Dress to impress!
- Performance hair & make-up are a must!
What do the judges look for at auditions?
- Dance technique and style
- Showmanship, personality, and energy
- Physical/personal appearance - Applicants must be in top physical condition.
What are the criteria you are looking for in a Grizz Girl?
- Must be able to strongly perform a variety of dance styles; particularly jazz, street jazz, and hip hop
- Must be able to learn choreography quickly, and have strong memory retention
- Must be willing to meet and maintain physical conditioning requirements throughout season
- Must be a team player
- Must have strong work ethic; willing to work hard and commit at all times
- Must be personable withh strong communication skills, willing to engage with others with a high level of enthusiasm, confidence, and poise.
How can I best prepare for auditions?
What are Girl Play dance classes?
How do I sign up for classes?
What are Grizz Girls Pre-Audition Clinics?
What type of things will I have to do for auditions?
Is there an interview process?
If I make it past the First Round Auditions, are there any additional dates I need to prepare for leading up to the Finals?
Will the auditions be open to the public?
Do current Grizz Girls members have to audition?
How many dancers will be selected for the Grizzlies Dance Team?
If I currently do not reside in the Memphis area, will I have to relocate?
Is this a full time job?
Is this a paid job?
If you didn't find an answer to your question here, please send an email or call the Grizzlies Dance Team Audition hotline at 901.205.1411.