Grizzlies at Bulls
January 19, 2013
The Grizzlies got the best of the Chicago Bulls in a low-scoring affair last month at FedExForum. The Grizzlies, who shot 37.5 percent in that game, limited the Bulls to 37.3 percent and their fewest points this season.
While Memphis is giving up 89.8 points per game to rank second in the NBA, Chicago isn't far behind at 91.9.
Join the Claw Crew for the Grizzlies and Harrah's Watch Party at Harrah's Tunica or, catch the game on SportSouth or 92.9FM / 680AM. Channel Listings.
- The Grizzies defeated the Bulls 80-71 on Dec. 17 at FedExForum.
- After opening the game with their lowest‐scoring quarter of the season, the Memphis Grizzlies regrouped and stifled the Chicago Bulls to pick up their 16th win of the season…
- Memphis shot 4‐of‐22 and trailed 20‐11 after the first quarter before long‐range shooting from the second unit boosted the Grizzlies in the second frame
- Wayne Ellington scored all 11 of his points in succession with four consecutive shots, including a trio of three‐pointers that put Memphis ahead, 31‐28, with 5:35 remaining in the second quarter…
- The Grizzlies outscored the Bulls 28‐14 in the second quarter, draining all five of their three‐point attempts…
- Memphis held Chicago to a season‐low 71 points, outscoring the Bulls 69‐51 over the final three quarters, and limited an opponent to 71 for the first time since Jan. 15, 2011 vs. Dallas…
- Mike Conley led all scorers with 17 points, his first game this season to lead the team outright in scoring and assists (4)…
- Zach Randolph maintained his NBA lead in double‐doubles (18) with 10 points and 15 rebounds…
- Rudy Gay was held to a season‐low 12 points, snapping a career‐high streak of 24 consecutive games scoring 14‐or‐more…
- Carlos Boozer scored eight in the first quarter en route to leading the Bulls in scoring (16) and rebounding (13)…
- Memphis defeated Chicago for the ninth time in the last 11 home meetings.
11th Annual MLK, Jr. Celebration Day and Game
Grizzlies vs. Pacers
Mon, Jan. 21 - Events begin at 10am, Tipoff at Noon
This year, NBA Hall of Famers Patrick Ewing, Elgin Baylor and NFL Hall of Famer Jim Brown will be honored for their contributions to civil and human rights. The event is hosted by the Memphis Grizzlies, National Civil Rights Museum, City of Memphis and Shelby County and presented by FedEx, Hyde Family Foundations, Lexus, Delta Air Lines, C Spire Wireless and MLGW. Associate Game Sponsors include SunTrust, McDonald’s of the Mid-South and State Farm. Get details.
It's also a Pepsi Family Value Plan Game - 4tix, 4 hot dogs, 4 flags and 4 Pepsi Fountain drinks starting at just $56.
Find Single Tickets.
Grizzlies Den Team Store FedExForum: Item of the Game presented by Adidas
Look for the Adidas Item of the Game at every Grizzlies Home Game. See your game program for details. Plus, gear up for the holidays at the Grizzlies Den Team Store at FedExForum or shop online now at Grizzliesstore.com.
2012-13 Season Tickets, and 5-Game Holiday Packs are on sale now. Call 901.888.HOOP (4667) to learn more. Find single game tickets online at Ticketmaster.com, at local Ticketmaster Ticket Centers or via phone at 1-800-4NBA-TIX.