Indiana Heroes Award Program Presented by Citizens Energy Group
The Indiana Pacers are now accepting nominations Indiana Pacers Indiana Heroes Award Program presented by Citizens Energy Group.
The Indiana Heroes program presented by Citizens Energy Group serves as one of the premier community outreach programs of the Indiana Pacers. This program honors an individual(s) who have made an overwhelming impact on the lives of others and who, through their unique commitment and humanitarian spirit, have made exceptional and lasting contributions to our community and our State.
Anyone can nominate a neighbor, friend or relative who is a firefighter, policeman, rescue worker, or just an everyday hero like a teacher, nurse or community leader making a difference. Nominations must include the nominee’s name, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number and email address, along with a short description of why this nominee is deserving of the award. The description should include examples of the nominee’s level of commitment, as well as any lasting contributions to the community.
Nominations must include the nominee’s name, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number and email address, along with a short description of why this nominee is deserving of the award including examples of the nominee’s level of commitment, as well as any lasting contributions to the community.
You may nominate someone in the form below or download this nomination form and send it to us via regular mail at:
125 S. Pennsylvania Street
Each award recipient will receive four tickets to an Indiana Pacers home game, where they will be recognized during a special on-court presentation. In addition, each recipient will also receive a special award and a commemorative photo recognizing their humanitarian spirit.
Winners will be chosen on an on-going basis throughout the season by a selection committee, which will judge the best of the eligible nominations submitted based upon the level of commitment, as well as any lasting contributions, to our community.
Award recipients will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone at least one-week prior to their recognition date.
(1) No purchase necessary by nominators, nominees and/or winners. Promoter of this program is Pacers Basketball, LLC d/b/a Indiana Pacers, Pacers Sports & Entertainment, Bankers Life Fieldhouse and Home Court (“Pacers”) with an address of 125 S. Pennsylvania Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46204 and Sponsor of this program is Citizens Energy Group with an address of 2020 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202. (2) Nominees must be legal residents of Indiana. Employees and immediate families of said employees (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of Pacers, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., Citizens Energy Group and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, employees, members, agents, successors and assigns are not eligible to win or to be nominators. (3) Individuals can nominate a member or members of their community by completing and submitting a nomination form which can be found at www.Pacers.com. The nomination forms can be submitted online at www.Pacers.com or via regular mail to: Indiana Pacers, Attn: Indiana Heroes, 125 S. Pennsylvania Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204. Nominations submitted by anyone under the age of 13 MUST be submitted via regular mail and will not be accepted if submitted online. Nominations will be accepted year-round. (4) Nominators may nominate themselves. (5) Except as noted otherwise herein, winners will be chosen from the pool of eligible nominees for twenty-one (21) of the Indiana Pacers regular season home games on an on-going basis throughout the season by a selection committee chosen by Pacers. The selection committee will select winners based upon the exhibition of an extraordinary level of commitment, as well as a lasting contribution, to the community. (6) The selection committee reserves the right not to select a winner for a given game or to select someone from outside the pool of nominees in the event no one is nominated that meets the requirements. (7) Award recipients will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone by a Pacers employee. In the event the nominee(s) selected as the winner cannot be contacted or declines the award, an alternate recipient may be selected from all remaining eligible nominees. (8) All award recipients will receive four (4) tickets to an Indiana Pacers home game during the Indiana Pacers regular season, where they will be recognized on-court during the applicable game. Award recipients will also receive an Indiana Heroes medal and a commemorative photo. The tickets awarded are non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends. (9) All winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release in order to claim the award. If a winner is under eighteen (18) years of age said winner’s parent/legal guardian will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release in order to claim the award. (10) Retail values of the different elements of the award are: $74 per game ticket, $25 per awards medal and $5 per commemorative photo. (11) By accepting the award, award recipient is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the award, unless otherwise indicated. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of award permitted except at the team’s option for an award of comparable or greater value. (12) A list of award recipients can be obtained by writing Pacers Sports & Entertainment, Attn: Indiana Heroes, 125 S. Pennsylvania St., Indpls, IN 46204. (13) By accepting the award, the award recipient agrees to follow the Official Rules and forever releases, discharges, and waives any and all claims, liabilities and actions of any kind, howsoever caused or arising and whether by negligence, any intentional act or otherwise, that the award recipient may have or that may arise against Citizens Energy Group, Pacers Basketball, LLC d/b/a Pacers Sports & Entertainment, Indiana Pacers, Bankers Life Fieldhouse and Home Court, and/or the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, governors, partners, shareholders, members, employees, successors, assigns and agents (“collectively, the “Released Parties”), with respect to or arising out of either (i) the award recipient’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the award awarded in the promotion. By accepting the award, the award recipient further agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties and their insurers against any and all damages, costs, judgments, and/or expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) they may incur as a result of claims made against them in connection with either (i) the award recipient’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the award awarded in the promotion. (14) Except where prohibited by law, in consideration for receiving the award, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the award recipient’s name, likeness, voice, photograph, performance, personal statements and/or biographical information in any and all advertising, promotions, public relations and other publicity conducted by Pacers, Citizens Energy Group and/or the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns. (15) Pacers reserve the right to cancel this promotion and/or change the dates relating to this promotion in case of game schedule changes/acts of God/force majeure events or for any other reason in their sole discretion. (16) Any disputes in connection with this promotion will be resolved by Pacers, whose judgment shall be final. (17) Winners will be solely responsible for transportation to and from Bankers Life Fieldhouse, including but not limited to all costs pertaining thereto. (18) Void where prohibited.
- No purchase necessary. Nominations accepted year-round.
- Nominees must be legal residents of Indiana (additional restrictions apply).
- Nomination forms available at www.Pacers.com.
- Winners will receive 4 tickets to an Indiana Pacers game ($296 total value), a medal ($25 value), commemorative photo ($5 value) and be recognized on-court.
- Taxes are the sole responsibility of winners.
- Write to Indiana Pacers, Indiana Heroes Program, 125 S. Pennsylvania Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 or log on to www.Pacers.com for complete official rules.
- Promoter: Pacers Basketball, LLC with an address of 125 S. Pennsylvania Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46204. Sponsor: Citizens Energy Group with an address of 2020 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
- Void where prohibited.