Reasons To Be Excited About Training Camp: No. 16 Revamped New Orleans Arena
No. 16: Revamped New Orleans Arena
Amid the sweeping changes surrounding the New Orleans Pelicans organization this summer, the ongoing facelift at the team’s home arena has sometimes gone overlooked. But when fans enter the New Orleans Arena for the first time Oct. 23 to watch the Pelicans face the defending NBA champion Miami Heat in a preseason game, they’ll immediately notice several improvements, including:
- A new Party Perch in Section 323 (end zone) that includes a bar area, bandstand and also allows fans to enjoy an overlooking view of the court.
- Brand-new loge seating in sections 105-108, featuring four extra-comfortable seats and a pair of TV monitors in each loge box.
- Completely remodeled club lounges, including the North, South and Capital One clubs.
- Remodeling of the entire suite level, including the Hub Club.
- The addition of a second digital LED ring. In the past, there has been a digital LED ring on the 200 level, but the 300 level featured stationary signs. That has been replaced by the new LED display.
- Remodeled concession stands, with several new menu items.
As part of a two-phase renovation plan, a series of additional changes (including a new building entryway) to the New Orleans Arena will take place during the summer of 2014, in preparation for the Pelicans’ 2014-15 season.