We recommend that you review this policy in its entirety and revisit it periodically, as it may change from time to time. All changes will be posted on the MLSE Sites.
1. What We Collect and Use
We collect, maintain and use different types of personal information including the following:
· Information that helps us identify you and facilitates better communication such as, name, address, telephone number, e-mail address
· Credit and financial information you have provided to us, including credit history, payment history
· Information, such as birthdate, transaction history, purchase preferences and interests, occupation, marital and family status and other demographic information provided by you through market research, surveys, contests or other promotions, which enables us to improve our relationship with you or offer you products and services, which may be of interest or benefit to you.
2. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure
We will identify the purposes for which we collect, use or disclose personal information at or before the time of collection. The purposes will be limited to those related to our business and to those that a reasonable person would consider appropriate. In some cases, the purposes will be implied. Typically, we collect, use and maintain your personal information in our business for the following purposes:
· To provide you with services or information that you have requested from us. This would include e-mail newsletter services, fan club information, weekly contests, mail-order/consumer product catalogues, merchandise offers and event information;
· To assist in administering, or processing transactions made on accounts established with us, such as season ticketholder accounts, single game or event purchasers;
· To evaluate, maintain, monitor and improve our customer relationship with you and provide you with offers, promotional materials and other marketing information about our products and services, including, ticket, event and merchandise offers;
· To promote and market products and services offered by MLSE that we think may be of interest to you;
· To promote and market products and services offered by selected organizations, such as our corporate sponsors and the sports€™ leagues of which we are a member, such as the NHL, NBA and AHL, which we think may be of interest to you;
· On the MLSE Sites, we may use this personal information to personalize the content or layout to enhance the experience of your visit;
· To conduct or have conducted market research to enable us to improve the products and services we offer;
· To administer promotions and contests conducted by us for which you have registered to participate;
· To process customer/fan complaints/feedback;
· To meet our legal obligations and to protect the business interests of MLSE;
If we intend to use this personal information for purposes not previously identified, we will identify this new purpose before such use.
We will obtain your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information except where inappropriate. How we obtain your consent (i.e. the form we use) will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected. We may seek your consent orally or in writing. In certain cases, your consent may be implied. For instance, by entering one of our on-line contests, your consent to our use of your personal information to administer the contest is implied by your completion of the on-line entry form. Also, with non-sensitive personal information (i.e. name, address, phone number and e-mail address) where we have a relationship with you or where you have provided this information to us, we may use it for marketing or promotional purposes, such as to send you information about MLSE, its products, services, business, product/service offers and upcoming events until you advise us that you no longer wish to receive such information. For instance, if you purchase tickets to an event held by us, we may continue to use your "non-sensitive" information after the event to communicate with you about future events, offers and promoters that we are involved in unless you "opt-out" of receiving such information. However, when using this "opt-out€™ method of consent, we will provide you with a clear and simple process for having your name removed from such communications.
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
4. Information We Collect and Use
We collect your personal information in a number of different ways.
For instance, we collect information from you when you register for one of our contests or promotions, sign up for one of our e-newsletters (such as, "Leafs Insider" or "Raptors Insider"), or complete market research studies conducted by us from time to time. We also collect your information when you subscribe to become one of our season seatholders or suiteholders, or purchase tickets for one of our events or products from us. We may also collect your personal information when you request information from us to process a complaint that you have registered with us. We may acquire your name and address from list vendors to whom you have given your consent to send promotions or product information. We also have relationships with other companies, such as our sponsor, advertisers, event promoters and the various sports leagues to which we belong with whom we conduct joint marketing activities such as contests through which we may obtain your name and address and other information about you with your consent. Typically, the other parties involved are identified and information about their privacy practices is disclosed.
We will limit the amount and type of personal information collected from you to that which is necessary for the purposes it was collected. Further, we will retain your personal information for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and/or only for so long as we have your consent to use it.
5. Collection on MLSE Sites
While using the MLSE Sites, we (through certain third party service providers) may collect information about which pages you visit, as well as your IP address or domain name. We may use this information, for example, to tailor your experience on the MLSE Sites or to assess the amount of traffic to the MLSE Sites. We may also provide this information on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our marketing partners and/or advertisers. This aggregated information does not contain personally identifiable information.
The MLSE Sites contain links to other third party sites. MLSE is not responsible for the privacy policies or content on such sites.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as set out below, we will not sell, rent, transfer, or disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent:
(i) We may disclose certain personal information to third parties for the purpose of administering, processing, or fulfilling an order or service you have requested on our behalf, or process market research information collected, such as mailing houses, contest administration, etc. We will insist that any such third parties maintain the confidentiality of the personal information we provide them and implement appropriate safeguards to prevent its unauthorized disclosure;
(ii) Where you have given us your consent to do so, we may provide non-sensitive personal information (such as name, address and other contact information) to our corporate sponsors and advertisers so that they might send you offers and information relating to those products and services that may be of interest to you;
(iii) To affiliated entities of MLSE, such as Toronto Maple Leafs Network Ltd., Toronto Raptors Network Ltd., the NHL and the NBA, provided that the uses of such information are consistent with the purposes set out in this policy;
When using the MLSE Sites, if you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
8. Information Requested from Children
We take our responsibilities to our younger visitors seriously. In addition to the steps we take to safeguard the privacy and integrity of personal information submitted by adults, we adhere to the following principles and practices regarding personal information requested from children under 13 years old.
We will not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 (such as full name, home address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.). On our MLSE sites, we may use age screening mechanisms to help us determine if a user is under the age of 13. If the MLSE Sites determine that the user is under the age of 13, he/she will be directed to content that does not involve the submission of personal information.
From time to time, we may post information on the MLSE Sites about other promotions, contests or games that are open to children but that require personal information to participate. For these contests, children will be required to print a paper entry form from the website and have their parents sign and mail or fax the form to us. Children are not permitted to provide personal information on the website or to enter these contests online.
If, at any time, a parent withdraws his or her consent to our use or maintenance of personal information collected from his or her child, we will promptly remove such information from our database.
If you have any comments or questions on policies related to children's data or about our commitment to protecting your and your children's privacy, please contact our Privacy Office at the email address identified below.
9. Access to Your Information
We will give you access to the information we retain about you. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date. Upon your request, you shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your information. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. Simply send us an e-mail at email@example.com, and we will look after your request.
MLSE Privacy Office
c/o Legal Department
40 Bay Street, Suite 400
Toronto, ON M5J 2X2